Saturday, March 08, 2008

sooo it's been a long while since i last wrote. Life has been chaotic. I am officially training for my first marathon and I'm having a blast. I enjoy running, but I moreso enjoy the challenge that this is proving to be. I am running with Team in Training and it is incredible. Several of my teammates are cancer survivors and I am so blessed to train alongside of them. Our mileage is slooowly creeping up... we did 8 miles today and uphill with a headwind! yikes! I am learning so much about running and hydration and fueling and form that I am so amazed by our bodies and even more so by the God who made them! It's truly astonishing what we can endure! My race isn't until June 1st, but it seems to be approaching rather quickly. I hopped on board two months ago and I have enjoyed every step of the way! If you want to help support in the fight for cancer and in my fundraising (my goal is $5000) you can donate online at:

http://www.active.com/donate/tntgla/kmitchell

Lots is going on in my life right now and I have been under some attack. I am looking forward to change in the near future, but clinging to the Joy set before me! God is amazing good!

No comments: