Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Good-bye 2007, Hello 2008.

What did I learn? Ha! Like I can even begin to sum that up... but I'll give it a try.

1. The times of desperation and brokeness are far better than times of stagnancy. When I am brought to my face and realize how much I need Jesus for my every breath I am a lot better off. I see that God knows that about me... in that this year consisted of 9 months of hardship and 3 of drifting smack dab in the middle. The other 9 were much sweeter.

2. I really am not cut out to be a true working girl. If the Lord wills for me to be a stay at home mom and wife someday... sounds fantastic!!

3. I am a lot less social than I once thought. I really need and crave my alone time.

4. I need time outside regularly or I go crazy. I love it.

5. Growing up isn't really all that fun.

6. I am so thankful for a God who is unchanging. He is the same everyday. When I fail He loves me enough to help me back to my feet. He fills every hunger, every need. I am worthless to anyone without Him. If I don't get my time with Him daily... I'm no good.

7. I ask a lot of questions because I really enjoy knowing people deeply.

8. I really like Chocolate much more than I ever knew.

9. Having a goal for a race in the future keeps me motivated to keep at a training schedule.

10. I am truly truly blessed.

2 comments:

Christine Scott said...

hi... guess what? i have a blog now. yay.

Linda Z said...

I really like your list! It's good to look back on God's faithfulness and to realize things about yourself (good and bad) and to see where He's taking you! Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you commented on my blog so I could find you! :) Thanks for the sweet remarks.